A document management system can be a great addition to your software tools to help manage all of the information about your fixed assets. There are five things that you should make sure a system can do for you.
- Manage all documents associated with assets, inventory items, leases and capital projects such as your purchase orders, invoices, contracts and asset/inventory images
- Allow multiple users to access documents simultaneously. This will eliminate the need for multiple hard copies.
- Let you browse all documents or search by document type, author and/or date of attachment
- Permit you to upload an unlimited number of documents.
- Help you reduce auditing costs with quick and easy document retrieval.
If you implement a system that has the five features above, you should find that you’ll experience significant time savings and your document management will be incredibly simple.